Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Princess Half

Thursday morning, we were up at 4 for our 9 AM flight out of Atlanta.  Thursday, Friday and Saturday we hit the theme parks hard. so when the 3:50 AM alarm sounded Sunday morning for the Princess Half Marathon, I was a little groggy.  Like the Disney Marathon, it was worth the early start.  I enjoyed the race.  The crowd is fun, the costumes are terrific and the course is - well - predictable.  After the Disney Marathon, I was a little disappointed at how much of the course was interstate access roads. Then someone pointed out that 26 miles take up a lot of space and there is only so many times one can run through the parks - particularly after they are open.  The same can be said for even 13 miles, I guess.
image from runinfinity.com


Fireworks announce the start for your corral and away you go.  For my corral, the start is slow.  I'm not complaining.  That fits me perfectly.  This isn't a race desinged for personal bests.  The first four miles are probably more easily walked than run due to the crowd.  After that, people disperse and you can settle into your own pace.



If you look closely, you'll see Ana and Elsa waving the runners through the castle.


The course starts in Epcot and takes you through the Magic Kingdom and then around by the Grand Floridian, the Disney Wedding Pavilion and then into Epcot.



I was glad to see the finish line and De - who waited the entire time for the finish! After a quick shower, I bandaged some blisters on my feet and headed off to Epcot - my favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment