Saturday, February 27, 2016

Magic Kingdom

Saturday morning, bright and early, we were in the Magic Kingdom for our breakfast reservation at "Be our Guest", the new Disney dining hot spot.  Six months prior to our visit, the only reservations I could make were for breakfast as lunch and supper were full.  Obviously, I was pumped for a magical breakfast!  And it was good.  But not that good.....This is Disney's attempt at short order meets table service.  Drinks were self service as was seating.  I'm not excited about making reservations six months in advance only to have to jockey with other guests for a place to sit.  Not sure if that is the case with other meals, but it was with breakfast. The food was good and plentiful, but we felt that there are so many choices for dining at Disney that are wonderful, that this would be a back burner restaurant for us in the future.







The Magic Kingdom was great as always.  It was definitely the most crowded park that we visited, but trust me: February is the month to go. Even our longest waits were not long and the fast passes that we had were terrific. One of my favorites is the Haunted Mansion and obviously, everyone loves Space Mountain.  We did the Buzz Lightyear for old times' sake.  The Buzz ride was a favorite of John's when he was 3.  We probably did that ride 8 times on his first ever Disney visit.  (I suspect that he still loves it even as a highschool senior!)

We had a busy day in the Magic Kingdom, the going to Disney's Wide World of Sports to get my race packet and then to Olivia's for supper. Olivia's is located in the Old Key West Resort which is very near the hotel where we stayed.  And it was good.  Really good.  It came highly recommended at did not disappoint at all.  I had shrimp and grits and it was maybe the best I've ever eaten.  Then it was back to the hotel for my 4 AM alarm for the Princess 1/2 marathon.


No comments:

Post a Comment