Wednesday, April 22, 2015

SAVL Championship

Friday night, April 17, Julia and I packed our tired little bodies into the wagon and drove over to Spartanburg for the final volleyball tournament of the year. Honestly, I was very tired - and it was raining very hard - and we left very late, so I really didn't have high expectations for the weekend.  But... what started out as something I dreaded turned out to be so much fun.

We played in the beautiful Upward Bound facility just outside Spartanburg.  I cannot say enough nice things about the cleanliness and beauty of this place.  It was spotless despite the crowd, the tournament was well organized and conducted and the guests were made so comfortable and welcome. (Like if Disney World ran a Volleyball tournament.)

I loved how the Upward organization used Bible verses as decor throughout.


I especially love this one from Matthew...


We entered the tournament 3rd from the bottom.  We finished the tournament as the Number 3 team.  Not bad...


We enjoyed being with the families of the other team mates.  We ate together and went to the movies on Saturday - after our biggest win of the season. 



In fact, we had so much fun, I had to admit it was worth driving very late through very hard rain and barely sleeping to make it happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment