Sunday, April 26, 2015

April Showers

Our church celebrated everyone's birthday Sunday night.  Everybody, no matter what age, got a party - all on one night!  All guests sit at a table decorated for their birthday month.  I decorated - most appropriately -  April.  I had a great time at the party and felt special to have such a fun event so close to my real birthday.  In fact, I had two parties in the same weekend.  Awesome!


While learning to decorate cakes is on my bucket list, I'm not there yet.  Take the Cake in Winterville helped me out here with both a cake and matching strawberry cupcakes.




Favor bags with seed packets inside said "April Showers Bring May Flowers".  Kenneth made and hung a cloud and we used ribbon rhinestones as "rain".


One side of the cloud was sunny and one side was a little more ominous!



I felt that the table needed a little more color and it was Mama's idea to use strips of crepe paper for color.  That turned out to be a pretty and inexpensive solution .
I wish I had gotten pictures of the other tables.  I decorated early in the day and many of the months were not quite ready.  I thought all the tables looked great - maybe the best year ever.  The party is so much fun and it is something I really look forward to year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment