Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Goodbye, Baby A


During the last few weeks, I've enjoyed countless blog posts and Pinterest pins on the glory of Fall. I've enjoyed the cooler weather, college football, boots, pumpkin spice coffee and all other goodies she brings, too. I've also spent the last month being angry with summer.  That's right.  Summer is a thief.  She breezes in with promises of beach trips and lazy days, but I've found, she wants something in return.  She has taken from me before, so I should have seen it coming.  This was ruthless though. Just as she was sneaking out on September 22, she grabbed something so precious:

"I know my ear trick is darling"


"Nanny's party wore me out"


"Mama, look what I got you for Christmas!"


"I was going to be Cujo until Mama found this ridiculous glow in the dark pirate costume"

It has been hard to adjust to homecoming without wagging, walking alone with no panting, grits in the morning with no begging and sitting down to watch TV with no petting.

To quote one of the most wonderful kiddie lit authors ever,  he was, "precious and priceless and fascinating and winsome".  (-Kevin Henkes, Chrysanthemum)

Soon, another dog will come into our lives - cause who can live without one?  There will never be another Baby A - lover of grits, running, squirrels, CHILDREN, balls, his Chic Fil A cows and most of all - our family.  He is sorely missed.


Archie "Baby A", "Mr. Pants", "Angel Baby"

May 3, 2007 - September 22, 2014

The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common.
Our Lord God has made his greatest gifts the commonest.  - Martin Luther





No comments:

Post a Comment