Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Fireworks and Family on the Fourth

Some of my favorites gathered at my house for a little family time, food and fellowship on the Fourth.  We had such a good time.  As a bonus, the pool house was finished to accomodate the party.



I'm so proud of KB, who did all the work himself, except for the tile on the bar. His buddy, BM, helped with that.  It was a long, laborious project, but it is finally finished!  Yay!







We swam, played games and ate a lot.  Again, I borrowed heavily from Paula Deen.  Our menu included a few standards, but I have to say that I loved the grilled chicken with "Daddy's Tangy Grilling Sauce". (Find recipe below.)

We had so much fun with the Alabama and Tennessee cousins!  I was sad when they left. 



 Really.  I love them!




Don't let the face fool ya. This was fun.

When it was over, we were making plans for 2015.  It started with a "Share a Coke...."


... we decided Atlanta would be a great place to go for a 2015 celebration. Among other things, we can tour the Coca Cola Museum there. (I had hoped to get a Coke with everyone's name on it for the reunion.  I just couldn't find them all. After a valiant search, Julia and I gave up and decided the one above was the prize!)

I love it when you leave one event and you're planning the next!



Daddy's Tangy Grilling Sauce
Paula Deen's Southern BBQ Two Episode


1 cup worcestershire sauce
1 stick of butter, melted
2 lemons, juiced                                                         Combine all ingredients and baste on chicken.     









No comments:

Post a Comment