Sunday, May 04, 2014

What a Weekend!

Central Presbyterian Church has been blessed to be the home for a delightful, talented lady, Jan R.  This weekend she hosted a Mothers' Day Tea for all the ladies, young and old, of the church.  With delicious green and lemon tea, fruit, tea sandwiches and sweets, we were all pampered. I must say the lemon bars were most delish and put me in the mood to make some - alas, the egg diet begins Monday!

Mama, Jules and me at the Mothers' Day Tea


Friends B and D hosted THE BEST barbeque ever as both of their children are graduating this year. What a fantastic party.  What fantastic barbeque!  I wish I had gotten a picture of the humongous propane tank painted to look like a cow and dressed up with a chalkboard "necklace" reading, "Eat More Pork"..... so I did.  As I've already explained, the egg diet begins Monday.

Finally, I wrapped up one very good book:

Product Details

I give this one 4 out of 5 pearls.  Not a favorite, but a very good read and I learned a lot about the
time and place of Vermeer.  After such a serious, somber book, I plan to read Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews.  Judging that book by its cover, it will be nothing close to serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment