Sunday, April 06, 2014

Spring is (finally) here!

The first week in April brought with it sunshine, warm temperatures and lots of fun - except for Mama who fell and broke her wrist.  No fun there. The rest of us have enjoyed April Fools Day:

April Fools Joke:
Q: What's worse than school cafeteria food?
A: Nothin'!


the end of soccer season...


... and an undefeated one at that.

I was so so proud that Julia was chosen to join the Special Olympics Team from her school as a helper.
She attended the event held at Clarke Central High School on Wednesday, April 2.  She watched and cheered for several of her friends as they competed in different events.  Through school, she spends a few hours a week as an Adaptive P.E. helper.  Through this program, she regularly assists children with physical and mental challenges as they play games and exercise in their P.E. class.





The first weekend in April also brought the Chic Fil A Half Marathon to Athens. While I have run several half marathons, it has been a while. Also, during those days, I had a lot more time to train. (Read: was not working 30 or 40 hours a week!)


I don't usually blog about jogging. (I really do love to run.) Probably because my jogging is walking with a bounce.  I have recently shaved some time off my mile. When I told John my new personal best, he grimaced and groaned, "Oh, Mom...."
 I know I have expressed my love of Chic Fil A many times and if you read my "About Me" profile, you know how very much I love Athens, Georgia.  This race combined the best of the best for me: running through Athens, Ga for several miles - okay - 13 - and finishing with a big ole chicken biscuit. What's better than that?
This half marathon did remind me how beautiful our town is during Spring.  On a running tour, you see so much more than when riding or driving.




None of the pictures I took were decent - probably because I was just moving soooo fast ;-)..... but 
the race was fun, the weather was beautiful.... and I finished! My time is nothing to brag about, but that chicken biscuit sure was!


No comments:

Post a Comment