Thursday, December 06, 2012

Nutcracker Tablescape

Julia is crazy about all things "Nutcracker".
Mama gave her a beautiful edition of the book
many years ago and we also saw the ballet at the
Classic Center here in Athens that same year.
Since her Christmas piano recital pieces were
selections from that ballet,
I thought I would do this tablescape just for her.




The dinner plate by Lenox is one I chose when we got married.
It's Country Holly.  I still love it!



The salad plate is from a set that I bought at Target years ago.



My nutcrackers have come from here and there
over several years of collecting.



But the stars of the show are from Arby's!
Do you remember these?
In the late 1980's, Arby's offered these
with drinks.   I don't remember the price or the terms,
but we have an awful lot of them.  We were both in college then,
and Arby's was fine dining.




Coming in from stage left is a Fostoria Jamestown water goblet.


The stage is set to congratulate one fine little pianist, but also...


to surprise her with tickets to her favorite ballet
at none other than the Fabulous Fox in Atlanta!



I am excited to be linking with Between Naps on the Porch!

2 comments:

  1. Christa. This is a lovely table setting but I love the story behind it even more. I love all the nutcrackers and your Christmas china is absolutely beautiful. The green plate is perfect with the dinner plate. As for Arby's Christmas goblets. Love 'em, have 'em. I know you had to buy a burger in order to purchase one. The goblet costs ten or twenty-five cents. I am thinking ten cents. I just remember going to the Arby's more than once a day in order to get twelve. That year my Christmas weight gain came from burgers...not candy.
    Congrats on having a talented pianist in the family. That requires a lot of talent and hard work. Enjoy the Fox, I haven't been in ages. It is a beautiful place.
    Oh, BTW, we are close but we do not like Claxton fruitcake. Go figure!
    Thanks for visiting, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christa, Your nutcracker tablescape is perfect for the holidays. And the glasses...I had to laugh..I had those same Arby's glasses and sold them at a yard sales many years ago. I'm still kicking myself. If I remember correctly, they were a dollar each, with purchase. I saw some at a thrift store last month and almost bought them "again". Love your Fostoria Jamestown water goblets, too.

    ReplyDelete