Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thanksliving

Normally, I am in a hurry to decorate for Christmas soon after Halloween.
After putting all the Halloween decorations away,
I'm exhausted.  I'm not in the mood for more
packing and unpacking of "stuff" to celebrate Thanksgiving.
It's just so easy to skip right over the fourth Thursday of November.
(Especially with all the tasks of Christmas to follow so quickly.)
Not this year.  I decided we needed a healthy dose
of Thanksgiving (and Thanksliving) here.
We all need to be reminded of all our blessings.




I decorated the front porch with fall color...



... and filled the old wagon with mums and pumpkins.



I set the breakfast room table for an early
 Thanksgiving dinner.



But the truth is...
this Thanksgiving tablescape is a FAKE!
Y'all know that Mama cooks.


We eat at her house every Thanksgiving.
So while I love dressing up the table,
I really don't intend to put anything else on it...


... besides a Sandra Lee Twenty Minute Meal...
but sometimes those take too long. That's when we
go to Chic Fil A...



... or Mama's.



Shout for joy to the Lord all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness, come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.  It is he who made us and we are his;
 we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with Thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues for all generations.
 -Psalm 100  (NIV)

I am joining Cuisine Kathleen for the very first time
and also linking to Between Naps on the Porch!


Dinner and Salad Plates  Italian Countryside by Mikasa
Leaf Salad Plates  Crate and Barrel (via Goodwill for $0.33 each!)
Flatware  T J Maxx
Place mats  World Market (I think) (via Goodwill for $0.25 each!)
Brown stemware ?
Napkins and Napkin Rings Pier 1
   

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! Your wonderful throw happily shouts "FALL!" :)

    ReplyDelete