Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Not that I'm against turkeys,
I just don't have any!  I love all the brown transferware
and I especially love Myott Thanksgiving china.  I have just
never bought a "Thanksgiving" pattern.
Really, this is all okay, since Mama is having Thanksgiving at her house.
This is good as she is the one who knows how to cook!
I still set a table for the occasion and that's where we can eat our
frozen pizza later! (No, since it is all out and clean,
we'll eat Sunday dinner here.)




This is the china I picked out when we got married. It is 
Brookhollow by Noritake.



I still love it.






I love the cups and saucers.  


Who needs turkeys?
(I live with three.)


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I'm linking to Between Naps on the Porch.

8 comments:

  1. I think your Noritake china is beautiful and the pattern is so versatile. Lovely tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty table and beautiful china! Loved your "who needs turkeys (I live with three) comment. My husband always says at Thanksgiving -- "may your turkeys be on the table and not around it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful china. Cute sense of humor. Enjoy your day! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up! Rule #1 in life is to always have a sense of humor. Beautiful china!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your china is just beautiful!!! I don't have Thanksgiving china either. Tables certainly can be lovely "turkeyless". Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely setting. Looks like a must welcoming Thanksgiving table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful china!
    Enjoy the remainder of the long holiday weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a big fan of the Noritake line, and your pattern is beautiful! I really like the shape of the coffee cups. I also registered for Noritake (Spectrum), as did my sister (Whitebrook). I recently purchased Noritake's "Crestmont" which I also love. My sister is no longer married, so when she came for Thanksgiving this year she brought me her china!!! How excited am I?!?!??!!! :-) I love the colors of the flowers and fruits you chose to complement the pattern. Very nice! I hope you and your enjoyed Thanksgiving at your Mom's!

    ReplyDelete