Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Patriotic Tablescape

Here's my disclaimer: we didn't really eat at this table for Memorial Day.
I have red, white and blue plastic that I use when we eat outside
or when there are lots of children eating.  In other words, I use
them all the time!  I did, however, do a Memorial Day tablescape
as I had purchased a great set of dishes and glasses at GW
and thought they would be perfect.





Of course, Mama arranged the flowers. 
It's good we cut some before they wilt and die in this
100 degree heat we had today.
Can you believe it's that hot and only June 1?





I guess I'll have to quit playing with dishes and start watering flowers ...
but it's just too hot for that.  Not to worry, Mama will keep hers watered
and ready to go for the next tablescape - the one that will feature something
like ice cream!




Dinner, Salad plate and cup and saucer - Sahara Blue Permastone (Goodwill)
Glasses (Don't Mess with Texas Tumblers) - Goodwill
Placemats and Napkins - Tuesday Morning
Flatware - ebay
Flowers from Mama's yard. (She actually waters hers, remember?)

I'm linking to Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

4 comments:

  1. Great table, love the placemats and napkins:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun table. I really like the placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very patriotic looking setting - I do think the placemats were a good purchase too - lots of future use with those. And as a transplant to Texas I like the tumblers too ;0)

    Gorgeous flowers - I could never keep hydrangea alive... kudos to Mama!

    Sara
    www.TheOtherEndOfTheCandle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christa, Beautiful tablescape. So great to find those dishes at GW. Love the flatware. I have been looking for some red. I didn't think about ebay. I"ll try that. The placemats are fantastic, you can also use them elsewhere .
    Thanks for your sweet remarks on my post. Thanks you so much for telling me that your son will read it. That really means a lot. It only through our youth that we can keep the memory alive.
    Thanks, Ginger

    ReplyDelete