Saturday, May 07, 2011

Mother Daughter Tea

At my church, Central Presbyterian, in Athens, Georgia, there is a most talented and sweet lady, Jan Rhodes.  When she and her daughters invited every single female in our church to bring a guest to a Mother Daughter tea, I never expected that we would get the royal treatment!





My Grandmama was of the opinion that even if a girl became a nuclear physicist or a missionary to China, she wasn't worth squat if she didn't "know how to do". (After a small amount of consideration, I decided that Granny would definitely give the missionary a pass no matter what.)  As a really little girl, I was terrified that I would be one of "those girls" who didn't know how to do.  Surely, that would be a fate worse than death.  Make no mistake, "Miss" Jan is in the know!  This event was proof enough.



We had a great time and hope to do it again next year!

Thanks, Jan!





1 comment:

  1. I have only attended one mother/daughter tea. I keep saying that I want to throw myself one because it's just such a lovely thing to "know how to do".

    ReplyDelete