Monday, April 18, 2011

Confirmation Celebration Tablescape

No ruffles here.  This tablescape honors our son, John, who was confirmed at Central Presbyterian Church on Sunday, April 17.  John is a great 3rd baseman, pitcher and outfielder when the calendar says, 'baseball" and when we turn the page to "football", he is a terrific tight end.  For our family dinner celebrating his Confirmation,I challenged myself to create a table setting that would be pretty, yet masculine.

I drew a blank.

Then I did what I always do when that happens.

I challenged mama.

Mama is especially handy with flower arranging.



Together, we decided on this light brown and white plaid tablecloth
 with Mama's brown straw placemats.
The dinner plate is from a Jacklyn Smith collection that is sold at KMart.
The salad plate is Spode Woodland.
Flatware is Oneida's Dover.



This is a better shot of the linens - tablecloth and napkins - both were thrifted.
Napkin rings from Pier 1.
The beverage glasses were also borrowed from Mama. 



Nothing too fru fru. 
 Nothing too fancy. 
All boy...

... with thanks to Nanny.






I am linking to Between Naps on the Porch
for Tablescape Thursday.




Between Naps on the Porch












4 comments:

  1. Well, I LOVE it and think it's perfect for him. Of course, I'm pretty fond of those mother/daughter tablescaping projects. The finished product is only half the pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple elegance is always pleasing on the eye!
    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your son and you on his confirmation. Your table is lovely and yet "still guy" which is so important! Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Easter is equally happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! I too love the setting...wat pretty dishes.thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete